Solutions for Defense Attorneys
Defense attorneys consider SCRAM a valuable, fact-based tool that helps prove their clients are staying sober.
Judges and prosecutors have typically been reluctant to take a chance on DUI offenders because they knew that pre-trial and probation officers were way too overburdened with large caseloads to effectively monitor them. As a result, many defendants have been forced to post huge bonds or serve long jail sentences.
But now with SCRAM, this can change.
Savvy defense attorneys are using the data generated by SCRAM to factually assess offenders for alcohol misuse issues and, more importantly, provide solid evidence that shows their clients can – and are – abiding by court-ordered abstinence.
Defense attorneys can use SCRAM results to:
- Prove that your clients are obeying court orders
- Argue for lower bonds and shorter jail sentences
- Better assess individual client treatment needs
- Ask judges and prosecutors to tailor sentences that fit the individual
- Identify those offenders who can succeed on their own without severe punishment
- Show those who need further help because they are a risk to the public