(Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitoring, now with House Arrest)
SCRAMx combines continuous alcohol monitoring (CAM) with house arrest technology in one device – giving you the most powerful alcohol offender management solution on the market today.
What Is It?The patented SCRAMx ankle bracelet – the heart of the SCRAMx system – is attached to the offender with a durable and tamper-proof strap. It is worn 24/7 by the offender for the duration of his or her court-ordered abstinence period, typically 90-120 days.Every half hour, the bracelet captures transdermal alcohol readings by sampling the insensible perspiration collected from the air above the skin. The bracelet stores the data and, at pre-determined intervals, transmits it via radio-frequency (RF) signal to the base station.
- 24/7 transdermal alcohol detection plus house arrest technology in one light-weight, tamper-proof bracelet
- Performs 48+ alcohol tests/day and stores data
- Provides full data vs. a snapshot view
- Tamper- and water- resistant
- Automatically collects, stores, and transfers all data via the SCRAMx base station on a predetermined schedule (at least 1x/day)
- Date- and time-stamps readings for easy reporting and analysis